We can’t help but compare our travel experiences… some things that I’ve noticed so far that are similar to Samoa and other places that I’ve been able to travel…
- Fanta (yay, we knew that one was coming)
- The synthesizer music on the radio, and taking the tunes to familiar songs and totally changing the words/meaning.
- People wondering why this single woman is traveling by herself – doesn’t she have a family?!?!
- The local beer is good.
- The humor. It seems easier or something than it does in America. People are more generous with their laugher. I might have a limited idea of the vocabulary being used, but I can tell when people are being smartasses to each other.
- Food tastes better.
- The mosquitoes are hungry. For fresh tourists.